F Long Time No See - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Long Time No See

Sorry my dear followers, things have been a little crazy around here and I haven't been faithfully writing as much as I would have liked. Here is a brief about what has been going on...

Project Pete is doing very well... he and his "girlfriend" Lucy get to go outside together every day and come in at night for grain and also get grained in the morning before they go out. He is looking a TON better and I hope to get new photos of him this coming week.

Did I mention that I LOVE my Lil' Outlaws Rump Rub? It is awesome!

Oh the stories I could tell about our dear mustangs... we had to castrate two of them this weekend... they aren't really domesticated but they aren't really wild. They don't really want you to touch them but at the same time, want the treats you have. I was REALLY nervous about their castrations, I just KNEW someone, usually me, would get hurt. Luckily all went well and both were castrated with out any issues and no one got hurt in the process, which is ALWAYS good!

My baby girl has cut 6 teeth, its crazy! She is starting to pull herself up and stand... she is trying to let go of things while standing and it is just too cool! I can't believe that she is almost 11 months already, it doesn't seem possible. At each stage she gets to I think that it is my favorite stage and then she reaches another milestone and I love that stage as well. Its just crazy! We went to Babies R Us and bought some foam stuff to put around the edge and the corners of our coffee table because that is where she likes to play the most and that is where she hits her head the most. Once we got it home and placed it around the top edges we realized we should have bought another set for the underside edges of the table... We also bought those thingies that go on your cabnets, which I HATE, erg, yeah they are baby proof, but I spend about five minutes trying to get them off every time I want to get into my cabnets. We also had to buy a new carseat because she is getting so big. I had thought our infant carseat would hold her until 25 pounds but as we were taking it out of the van I looked on the side and read it only supported up to 22 pounds, which Katelynn was at, so it was good that we got the new one when we did. We bought the Graco MyRide 65 Convertable Carseat. I toyed with the idea of getting the cute pink girly one but thought again when I realized we may have a second baby in the future and IF it happens to be a boy, he would be stuck with a pink hand me down carseat in the future, SO I opted to go with one that matched the decor/colors inside my van. I believe the fabric style is called Spirals. It is very nice and I like it realy well. She was too big for the infant insert, so we packed it away with her infant carseat. She looks so tiny in her new carseat, so I'm hoping it lasts us for a while. It seems comfortable, she didn't cry or fuss when we secured her in the seat for her first trip in it. I like how it has cup holders on the sides for future use! I was slightly concerned about the fact that the croch buckle doesn't adjust, but it is so far forward that I don't think she will have any problems with it as she grows.

Well, I think I'm going to call it, my dear sweet baby keeps trying to launch herself off the couch as I type... she wants to sit with me and then sees something interesting.

Good night dear followers!
Kelsey

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: