F Learning the Tweet things in life... - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Learning the Tweet things in life...

Okay, so the other day I broke down, caved in, and decided to see what this whole revolution/movement/whatever, they call Twitter actually is about. I signed up and starting "Tweeting" and it absolutely confused me. I didn't get it. I still really don't get it. But I'm trying too. The only "good" thing I have found is that I can use Twitter to get more entries for the giveaways that some of the blogs I follow have on occasion. So, this is why I will continue to "Tweet" If you'd like to follow me, please do @RuralMama! Still don't have any comment or followers of my blog, bummer, my life as I know it really is as boring as I thought it was...

On a new note...
My family takes in abused/neglected horses and rehabs them then adopts them out to new homes. I have a pony at the house, he hasn't been doing good up at the big barn, we will call him "Pete", I'm trying to put weight on him...he is a larger pony, not sure of the breed about 400-500 pounds but should be closer to 600-750 pounds. I will try to get pictures and try to figure out how to get them on the blog so that I can update my "followers" on his progress. He is about 2 years old and is just a doll to be around. No bad habits that I've found so far. He came down to the house about four days ago. I started him on 1 1/2 pounds of grain and one flake of hay 3 times daily. I'll be increasing it as time goes, but so far that seems to suit him well. He has also been dewormed with ivermectin and panacur. The day I started caring for him I also had to give him a permethrine bath for his lice, YUCK, luckily horse lice are species specific and they don't like me ;) I have several other horses at the house, 14 more to be exact, along with my poultry that I raise. So, while I feed the rest of the crew I've been letting him out on in the yard to get some grazing time. I have him in a stall to monitor his water intake and make sure he is eating all the grain I give him, right now he is too fragile to put out with the other horses, but he doesn't seem to mind at all. Not sure if he is gelded or not, so as the days pass and he puts on more weight I'm going to make a point to check him. Not that it would do any good, he needs to be a LOT healthier before he can be gelded if he is still a stud colt. Well, so far even though his weight hasn't changed much in 4 days his attitude has. When he came in he was sort of blah, like he just existed, like he just was... there was nothing going on upstairs. Today he nickered at me when I came in the barn, his ears were up, and he was waiting for me. It made me smile, he knew I was coming to take care of him and showed some emotion. I let him out of his stall to graze and after I was done feeding the crew I put his grain in his stall, which he heard immediately and started walking in the barn himself. I really wasn't ready for him because I hadn't picked his stall yet, but the grain just did him in, so I had to pick it with him in the stall, no biggie. I tried to curry his coat a little to try to get some of the long winter hairs out, its kind of hard to do right now because he is so skinny that if I press to hard on his bones he cringes. So, I also took a soft brush over him, which he loved, especially on his neck.

So, now I have two babies to take care of... my human baby and my fur baby "Pete".

Also, wanted to note that one of my favorite Cloth diapering sites, BabyEcoMart is having a sale on Happy Heiny's OS Pockets and Fitted diapers. http://www.babyecomart.com and use code HH30 at the check out for 30% OFF any of the Happy Heiny's!

Have a wonderful evening dear followers,

Kelsey

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: