|YUM! Ice Cream Cupcakes!|
1 box (18 count) JOY Colored Ice Cream Cups
1 Chocolate Cake Mix
1 (16 oz) White Cake Frosting
1. Preheat oven as directed on cake mix.
2. Place Ice Cream Cups in cupcake pan OR stand up in 9 x 13 glass casserole dish.
3. Mix up the cake mix as directed.
4. Pour cake mix into Ice Cream Cups, so that it is below the area where the cone starts to curve, any higher and your mix will overflow once it starts to bake.
5. Carefully move the pan or dish into the oven. Bake as directed on cake mix for cupcakes.
6. Remove and let cool.
7. Mix Frosting with desired color food coloring for extra fun, and spread on the frosting!
8. Eat and ENJOY!
I made mine the night before and covered them, then frosted them in the morning. The ice cream cups seemed to absorb some moisture and were a little limp. I placed them in the refrigerator after I frosted them and they seemed to crisp up a little but still didn't have the crunch I was looking for with the ice cream cup. I would highly recommend baking and eating these in the same day to keep the ice cream cup crunch!
These Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes were a big hit with my girls. They were great because the girls could hold the cone and eat the cupcake instead of crushing it like a normal cupcake!
|Happy Birthday Big Sister!|
|Little Sister enjoying her Ice Cream Cone Cupcake!|