F Country Wildlife - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Country Wildlife

While picking Blackberries by the woods, I heard a something moving along the wood line. Of course, since my natural curiosity overpowers me a great deal of the time, I felt the need to find whatever was making the leaves move about. Luckily, it wasn't anything that could jump out and eat me.

 It was a Turtle! 

H e l l o!

She totally digged him!
Big Sister has seen cartoon turtles on movies and books, but had never seen one up close before. I asked her what it was and she said "Turtle!" What a smart girl! She liked the turtle and giggled when she touched its legs and shell. After we oohhed and aaahhhed over the Turtle, it was time to take him back to his home. So, we placed him back where I found him and was surprised at how fast he scooted off into the woods!
Going home...

Have a wonderful day dear followers!







P.S. When handling any wildlife, like turtles, always remember NOT to touch your face and mouth and wash your hands thoroughly! Many wild animals can carry diseases that are harmful and dangerous to humans.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: