F Making Progress - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Making Progress

Big Sister had another visit from the speech therapist this week. She works really well with Big Sister and gets her to say new things so much easier than I do. Big Sister stayed on task the whole time and was just intrigued by everything the teacher was doing with her. She was repeating almost everything clearly and even said a new word I had never heard her say before, "turtle." I could easily understand it and she said it several times. She has even said it more times throughout the week when asked to say it on command. I am amazed!

Yesterday, Big Sister got angry with me because I made her sit at the table to finish her dinner, she wanted to take it to the coffee table to finish. She was crying as I put her back in her booster seat. I walked to the other side of the room to do something or other, with her still crying at the table. She looked dead at me and said "I want Daddy." WOW, a sentence! The she said it again, and again. I was so excited, but at the same time I didn't want to praise her for yelling at me because she was upset. 

Big Sister is quickly making progress and I am just SO happy for her. She is starting to communicate better and it has lifted some frustration she was having with me because I just can't understand her gibber gabber sometimes. I'm looking forwards to next weeks visit to see how she progresses further!

Have a wonderful day dear followers!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: