F Pet Profile: Koda - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Pet Profile: Koda

 


Koda aka Your Majesty Kodalicious is my AKC Registered Male "Black" Toy Poodle, although with age he is sprouting some grey in his top knot and around his mouth. He was born in March 2018 and I was able to pick him up and bring him home in June that same year. I almost didn't make it to Ohio to pick him up as one of my tires blew on the way there. A kind man stopped when he saw me on the side of the road and changed the tire for me so I could make it to a tire repair shop. I called and let the breeder know I would be late but was still determined to make it after a new tire was put on my vehicle. Thankfully, we (ALL THREE KIDS AND I) made it safely and uneventfully there and back after our tire fiasco. 

 I used to joke that I should have named him Tax Refund, because I was able to purchase him with part of my refund that year. He is still intact and I am ever so hopeful that one day I can find a Female Phantom Toy Poodle to be his mate. Probably pipe dreams, but never the less a dream. Koda isn't my first Toy Poodle, I had another Black Toy Poodle years ago in my twenties. His name was Razi and the reason I fell in love with Toy Poodles. Sadly one day I let him out to potty and he never came back to the door. I want to assume maybe someone saw this pretty poodle by the road and scooped him up, however my worst fear was that either a hawk, owl, or coyote snatched him up. 

Home just doesn't feel like home without a Toy Poodle around now. 

Koda came to me at a time in my life where I was learning to be on my own, where I was truly lonely and trying to find my way. He was the perfect little companion and has continued to be just that every day since he arrived home. Because I was in an emotional state when I brought him home, especially the next few months afterwards, he naturally seemed to pick up on the role of a comforter. Believe it or not he can sense if someone is upset, whether its anger, anxiety, or depression and is drawn to that person and wants to be there for them. I didn't realize he was like this until my husband and his daughter moved in. He knows he is MY dog, but he is perfectly happy sharing his comforting skills with whomever needs him the most at any given time. And for that, I am SO thankful. He has definitely outdone any expectations I had of him.

For a "little dog" he isn't too yappy, snappy, annoying or mean. Little dogs tend to get a bad wrap, but he is pretty chill and friendly with both humans and other dogs for the most part. He does tend to be a pickier eater and it has been a real struggle finding a food and treats that he really likes. He doesn't know many tricks, but will sit when asked. He LOVES balls and will fetch and bring back a ball, but once he is tired, he is done and the ball means nothing to him any longer. He loves to sleep on fluffy things and prefers to sleep in bed with me whenever possible.

I tend to take a lot of photos with Koda, as you will notice on my instagram account. He is the perfect little model and seems to love to have his photo taken. Dog brands seem to admire him as well and I was contacted by Buddy Bandana a while back to have us try our their products. Koda loves his bandana, this is the first one he hasn't tried to chew off. The photo above displays our matching bandana and scrunchie from @officialbuddybandana To get your very own matching pet bandana and scrunchie or headband visit http://www.thebuddybandana.com and enter discount code Newcomer to get 40% off and free US shipping!

I hope you have enjoyed learning about my little guy and have a great day dear followers!





CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: