F I love Audiobooks! - Rural Mama's Sandbox

I love Audiobooks!


 In April I change jobs, well kind of. I'm in the same field just a different company. At my new job I have spectacular coworkers, all of whom I adore. For the first few months I found it odd that no one listened to the radio on jobsites, there was SILENCE! I quickly learned that since we all have different likes and dislikes, each person keeps an earbud in and listens to their own music or audiobooks. I am not sure why I had not thought about listening to audiobooks sooner, but after hearing my co workers rave about them, I had to try it. I have quickly become obsessed with audiobooks. I really love listening to them while I work! My favorite source for audiobooks has become Amazon's Audible


I am a HUGE fan of having someone read to me, in my ear and "act out" each character while I listen to fictional stories. I have recently taken a liking to stories about humans interacting with human like aliens or humans interacting with vampires. A few of the titles I've listened to recently are:

Class 5 Series by Michelle Diener
Book 1 Dark Horse
Book 2 Dark Deeds
Book 3 Dark Minds
Book 4 Dark Matters
This series uses a narrator that is great at changing voice styles for each character, Christina Delaine. She is Great at what she does and was SO easy to listen too. The story line is also very interesting, it is about an alien race that captures humans to study but later escape and end of letting loose and befriending powerful A.I.s. 

Clecanian Series by Victoria Aveline
Book 1 Choosing Theo
Book 2 Freeing Luka
Book 3 Saving Verakko
The narrator for this series is Stephen Dexter and although he does a great job changing his voice for each character, his female impressions are a little silly and remind me of a voice of a drag queen. The story line is really interesting. It also involves humans being captured to be studied but more so to help their society and people thrive. The encounters between the female humans and male aliens are described in a lot of detail and could be considered slight erotica. 

The most recent series I have started is called the Immortal Guardians Series by Dianne Duvall. There are 11 books in this series, however I have just started Book 1 Darkness Dawns. So far the narrator Kristen Potter has been really good at changing voices for each character and is really easy to listen to. I haven't gotten too far into it so I can't really say much about the story line, other than is about human and vampire interactions.

Another type of audiobook I like to listen to are self help or personal development, my favorite so far being The Four Agreements by don Miguel Ruiz. This one is particularly helpful for me and has helped my anxiety SO much. I think I have listened to this audiobook at least 10 times so far. It is narrated by Peter Coyote. He is so relaxing to listen too, so it is really nice to listen to this book if you are going through a lot of stress. 

The audiobook I have enjoyed the most so far that was non fictional has been Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey. Yes, the actor. It is an autobiography/self help type book and he narrates it himself as well. I probably looked like a goofball multiple times at work because he had me chuckling and smiling on multiple occasions.

So, if you are a busy person like myself, with work and family but LOVE books, I highly recommend trying out Audible!

Happy Listening dear followers!



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: