F How I Met My Husband, Again... - Rural Mama's Sandbox

How I Met My Husband, Again...

August 26, 2018 I was scrolling through Farmersonly.com... YES, you read that right, I was scrolling a dating website. I saw a photo that looked really familiar, a man that looked very familiar. I switched tabs on my computer browser bar and opened up Facebook. I searched the name of a man that THIS photo reminded me of, sure enough SAME photo popped up. I immediately went to the message button and send him a message. 

From what I am told, he was shocked. He had looked me up a few times though the years, but never really thought to message me because my named changed and I was obviously married. So, to get a message from me now, after 15 years, was a shocker and totally unexpected. 

 I remember telling the gals at work the Prom story when his photo popped up while I was scrolling on our lunch break. At first, I was I still hostile about the whole thing and was going to scroll right passed him. I'm not really sure what drove me to message him, probably out of curiosity I suppose. Maybe it was a need to find out WHAT happened and WHY he never came back to me Prom night. Either way, the gals were encouraging and so, I put my big girl panties on and sent him the message above. Literally, that's what I said, after 15 years. It makes me chuckle now, but obviously it caught his attention, because we kept chatting, and chatting, and it was like I had never stopped talking to him. It was like I had just seen him the day before, except we had a lifetime to catch up on, instead of just going through how our week was going.


We went on to chat for hours, but my favorite line he gave me in response to me saying I was looking for a farmer/cowboy was "Well, would you settle for a Kevin?" That line right there got me, and definitely set the hook. 

We chatted as often as we could for a week or so. One day I accidently hit the video chat button, not knowing what it was because, well I was rather new to Facebook Messenger at the time. It started making noises and I had no idea what was going on, then he accepted the call and I got to see him, and talk to him, in real time. It was COOL! 

We went on our Second "First Date" September 2nd, 2018. 

I was almost an hour late, something popped up that I couldn't avoid. I was just sure he would think I was standing him up and leave, but he didn't. He waited patiently for me at the restaurant and when I got there greeted me with a hug and smile. We talked non stop, like we were best friends. We both knew that night that this was the beginning of something special. 

Keep coming back dear followers, there is more to this story...






CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: