F Women's Church Retreat 2012 - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Women's Church Retreat 2012

Yesterday I had mentioned going on a Women's Church Retreat. All I can say is Wow, God is AWESOME! Our group of 13 women stayed at a house on Lake Berkly in Kentucky. It was beautiful and refreshing to be on the lake.



I had SO much fun and learned SO much. Not only did I learn about God, but about myself and the other women as well. I am just amazed at everything that I was able to experience in just a three day weekend!

I could go on and on and on about everything that happened, but I will just give you a summary of what I learned:

Sometimes you have to STOP and listen. Get away from your normal day to day life and jump out of your "box". Listen to what God has to tell you, He is always there and can speak to you directly or indirectly through people and situations. Pray! Pray all the time and don't be afraid to be specific. His answer is NEVER "No." It is either "Yes," "Not Now," or " I have something better planned." Seek God in everything and every situation and Praise HIM! Never stop doing, the moment you STOP doing, your faith dies. You have to make time to STAY IN YOUR WORD! You can read the same passage 50 times and on the 50th time learn something TOTALLY different and new! Don't be afraid of the gifts God gives you, trust that He knows exactly what He is doing and act on those gifts. 

I'm sure you may be saying, well that is silly, I've heard a lot of those comments before, why is she JUST now getting it. Well, being TOLD something and LIVING IT are totally different things. The last line was something that I had been battling with a lot lately. Through the Retreat, I was able totally surrender to God and use the gift he has given me. It was both exhilarating and terrifying at the same time! I know God has great plans for me and I am so excited to learn more!

 
My soul yearns for you in the night;
in the morning my spirit longs for you.
When your judgments come upon the earth,
the people of the world learn righteousness.

Isaiah 26:9 NIV


Have wonderful day and God Bless you dear followers!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: