F Slow Motion, Play, and FAST Forward - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Slow Motion, Play, and FAST Forward


Before I became a mother there where several things I did not know about the experience of "being a mother". It's sort of like a secret society where you only get to know all the dirty little secrets once your a member of the club, in this case, the "Mommy Club".

When I was a child and even a young adult it seemed like every minute, hour, day, week, year, etc. seemed to linger on forever and move in slow motion. I was getting older obviously, but it didn't feel like I was growing or getting older. I didn't worry much about the future, I lived in the moment and those moments lasted forever. The instant I gave birth to Big Sister, ALL of that changed. Now that I am a member of the "Mommy Club" it seems like my life and everything around me has been placed in fast forward. There aren't enough hours in each day, I can't get everything done I want to do in a day, and my children seem to be growing like Wildflowers on STEROIDS right before my eyes! It's just not fair! I want to linger in the moment and go back to being in a world placed in slow motion. I want my babies to be babies forever. I want that sweet baby scent to last forever. I want those precious baby coos and the chubby little legs to last forever.

How did my Mom do it?

How does my Mom stand the fact that I am grown and I'm an adult and now a Mom as well?

Does it get easier?

Does she still long for the days when I was an infant and my world revolved around her and her love for me?

I guess as a Mom you don't get to choose. You have to do it, you have to let it get easier, you have to let your children grow up and help shape them into responsible adults, but still keep those precious baby moments close to your heart. This is one of those dirty little secrets I've been learning all too soon.

Big Sister is going to be TWO at the end of the month! TWO! In the back of my mind I keep thing that I can't possibly have a TWO year old, already, and yet I do! She is growing way too fast and learning so much every day. I remember the days when I was excited that she rolled over, began to crawl, then walk, and now she can RUN! Where has the time gone?

Little Sister just learned to roll over this week. For the past week she had been able to rotate from her tummy down, but hadn't been able to figure out how to rotate her shoulders the rest of the way, then all of a sudden it clicked. I wasn't even home, Daddy was watching the girls and I missed it. Unfortunately, I'm stuck on Fast Forward with no hopes of Rewind or Instant Replay. 

I had intended this post to be a happy post about my girls' big achievements. As I began to write, however, it made me realize just how precious each moment is and became a reminder for me to cherish each moment I have with my girls and make the memories last forever.

So, dear followers, go home (or if you are home), play with your children, spend time with them, because before you know it, they WILL grow up!
Kelsey

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: