Saturday, May 25, 2013

Thoughts on Motherhood

I am not going to lie... being a Mom is not exactly what I thought it was going to be. I guess I should have listened when I was younger. It really is harder than everyone thinks it is, except Moms, they already know. I struggle a lot with lack of independence. I was fairly independent growing up, I had a small group of friends that I hung out with every so often, but for the most part I was content doing things I liked to do, when I wanted, whether someone was there doing it with me or not.

The transition from that to Motherhood had been challenging. I have days where I seriously consider locking myself in my room and letting the girls have their way with the house so I can just be me. But, I am more responsible than that. There are days where I just don't want to be touched anymore, and when I get jumped on for the thousandth time that day or another elbow to my boob, I want to scream! But, I don't.

Then there are times like now. The girls are happy and content, playing together with a hose in the backyard. The smiles on their faces and the sweetness of their laughter just takes me away to someplace I never knew before I became a Mom. They don't have a care in the world, and it makes me feel good.

I know God doesn't give you more than you can handle, but sometimes I seriously doubt my abilities at this whole "Mom" thing. I am guessing I am not alone. All I can do is pray that God leads me in  the way He wants me to go, for my daughters, and hope I don't screw them up too bad  if I take a wrong turn now and again.

There is a wonderful verse in the Bible, that helps me get through just about anything that gets tossed my way. I may have posted this before, but I will do it again, and again because it is just that awesome. It is from Philippians 4:13 "For I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

I have to believe that being a Mom is what God wanted for me and that because He wanted it, I can do anything and get through anything that challenges me as a Mom.

So there you have it. My revelation of the day! Aren't you glad you stopped by?

What are your biggest challenges as a Mom or a parent?

Have a wonderful day dear followers,


3 comments:

  1. Hаѵing read this I beliеved іt wаs very informаtive.
    I apprecіate yοu taking the time аnd energy to put this artiсle together.

    Ι once again find myself spenԁing а lot οf
    time both reaԁing and lеavіng
    comments. But so what, it was still worth it!

    Alsο νіsit mу blog post ... crear facebook gratis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I know thіs iѕ ѕomewhat off-topic
    however I had to ask. Doеs mаnaging a well-establishеԁ webѕite lіke уours take a large amount of wοrk?
    I'm brand new to operating a blog however I do write in my diary everyday. I'd like to
    start a blog so І will be able to share my own exρеrіence and thoughts οnline.

    Please let me κnow if you haνe anу гeсommendations or tips for brand neω aspiring blog owners.
    Аppreciate it!

    My blοg; crear facebook gratis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cool thing about blogs is that you can spend as little or as much time on them as you would like! I work on mine a couple times a week, more if I have a product review or giveaway going on. It is a learning process and I admit, I am still learning a lot myself. I read a lot of other blogs before I started my own and it really helped. There are great blogs to help you start blogs, which is funny, but helpful. I love Blogelina (http://www.blogelina.com) She gives great information about starting and maintaining a blog, so I would start there and pick up pointers from her blog!
      Thank you so much for reading my blog and stopping by! I love comments, so please feel free to keep them coming!
      -Kelsey

      Delete

Please leave your comments HERE:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...