Chicken & Bacon Pasta Stir-Fry
2 cups of uncooked penne pasta
4 pieces of bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
1 cup of Green Giant Baby Cut Carrots, quartered lengthwise
1/4 cup of water
2 cups of Sugar Snap Peas
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons shredded Mozzarella & Provolone mix cheese (Sargento makes a good combo)
1. Cook pasta as directed on package. Drain and cover to keep warm.
2. Mean while, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, until hot. Add bacon, cook and stir4-6 minutes or until browned and crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside.
3. Leave 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings in skillet. Add chicken strips to skillet, cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned.
4. Add carrots and water, then cover and cook for 3 minutes.
5. Add sugar snap peas, garlic powder, and salt, and mix well. Cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink in center, stir occasionally.
6. Stir in cooked pasta, bacon, and 4 tablespoons of shredded Mozzarella and Provolone. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
7. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, let melt, then serve warm!
Makes 4 (1 3/4-cup) servings
You can find more delicious recipes on www.greengiantfresh.com
You may even be able to figure out which recipe I modified to fit my own ingredients!
This recipe was super yummy and I can't wait to try it again! It was a BIG hit in our house with everyone, which is huge since we all have a wide range of likes and dislikes when it comes to food!
Happy cooking dear followers!