F Left Overs, No Problem & Randomness - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Left Overs, No Problem & Randomness

Happy 2011 All! Boy am I doing a bad job of keeping up with my blog this year, lol! I'll try to work on that!

Today I woke up, stuck some Toaster Strudels in the toaster, looked out the kitchen window and saw this:

There are a total of 5 horses in that pasture, you can't see the 5th one, he is sleeping on the other side of the horse all the way to the left in the photo. Not sure why, but there is something SO peaceful about horses sleeping. They know that they are safe and that they can relax here, which makes me feel good that they are happy with us! I ran out to get this photo and then after I did, the last horse standing (Sadie), laid down as well... but it was cold and I didn't want to drag my heavy belly back out to get the picture, lol. 

I have to say that over the years I've gotten a kick out of people when it comes to horses sleeping out in the pastures. Evidently, because horses CAN sleep standing up by locking their knees, most of the public believes that that is the ONLY way they sleep and if they are laying down sleeping, they are dead. I can't tell you how many times people have rushed up to the door frantic to tell us our horses are dead. Most don't believe me when I tell them they are taking a nap, until I literally go out, yell for the horse, and its head pops up. They are totally amazed to learn that horses do in fact sleep laying down. Very entertaining for me, not so much for the horse that gets his nap interrupted though.

I made some of Dad's Yummy Chili again the other day and had some leftovers. I had never heard of Baked Chili before, but my Hubby's Mom wanted to try it out with my leftover Chili. We had a couple of pie crusts that weren't baked over the holidays so she used them as the crust... here is what you do:

Follow directions for Dad's Yummy Chili, use leftovers as filling for the Baked Chili!

Additional Ingredients Needed:
2 Unbaked Pie Crusts
Bag of Your favorite Grated Cheeses (we used Cheddar AND Mozzarella)

Place Pie Crust in bottom of pie pan or desired dish. Add a Layer of Chili, then alternate with a Layer of Cheese, then Chili, then Cheese until you reach the top of your dish. Place 2nd Pie Crust on top and bake until Pie Crust is golden brown (follow preheat and times on your Pie Pie Crust box).

I was delightfully surprised at how yummy this was! A+ in my book! The pie crust gives it an extra texture, which I loved the crunch! Good Luck and Hope you Enjoy!

On a totally different subject... I'm 34 weeks and 5 days along with this second baby girl. People always tell you that each pregnancy can be different, but I don't think I actually realized it was true until I was able to experience it for myself. This time around has been quiet different. My belly feels SO much lower than with my first, I've had bad back pain, but missed out on the lovely carpel tunnel that I had the first time around. Overall though I think that I've handled this second pregnancy much better than the first, probably because I was prepared for what was to come, knew what my body was going to go through, and wasn't plagued by the "what ifs". I only have about 5 more weeks to go, but if I had her tomorrow, I think I'd be ok with it. I'm ready, I'm done. I'm tired of feeling like I sleep with a bowling ball, tired of heartburn, and I'm overall done with sharing my body, I want it back to myself... now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the end result, but boy am I not a great pregnant person! There are some women that are born to have babies and love it, I on the other hand am NOT one of those women. I just keep reminding myself that its a GOOD think I'm a human and only have to be pregnant for 9 months, if could be worse, Elephants are pregnant for 22 months! Glad I'm not an Elephant, although sometimes I feel as big as one with this baby belly.

Was totally bummed the other day... I'm trying to get things ready for the new baby and decided to dig out my daughter's infant car seat, clean it up again and get it in the van. I had washed it down, placed it in a large garbage bag, sealed it, and put it in the basement thinking it would be okay until I needed it...NOT. I opened the bag, pulled out the car seat, began to take off the covering, and thousands of tiny foam balls fell all over the floor. A mouse had chewed through the bag and destroyed the foam support in the car seat. SO annoying! At first I wanted to try to contact the manufacturer of the car seat and see if it could be fixed. Then I thought about it and if we happen to be in an accident, I would feel much better having the baby in a car seat that hadn't had any repairs done to it and was brand new. I did some research and talked to some other Mom's on a couple Mommy groups I'm on online and decided to order a Safety 1st onBoard 35 Infant Car Seat. It should be here between the 14th and 20th, hopefully it makes it here before the baby does!

Thanks for reading dear followers!
Kelsey

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: