F Julia Dweck Children's Book Reviews - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Julia Dweck Children's Book Reviews

My little girls LOVE books! Whether it is a book from the library or an eBook on our tablet, they love when Mama reads to them. I am sure there is a ton of research out there on the benefits of reading to young children but I don't need it. I can see the benefits as I watch my girls play and interact each day.

My girls and I were given the awesome opportunity to review several eBooks from author Julia Dweck. I received a copy of these EBooks complimentary in exchange for a fair, honest, non-compensated review. I hope you all enjoy the reviews and perhaps decide to read them to your little ones!

Mary Had A Sleepy Sheep
If your children are familiar with the nursery rhyme "Mary Had A Little Lamb," they are going to LOVE "Mary Had A Sleepy Sheep"! This new story of Mary's sheep is very creative, cute, and funny. It was written so that you can sing the words to the tune of "Mary Had A Little Lamb" as you read. My girls got a  huge kick out of Mary's sheep falling asleep EVERYWHERE! Poor Mary! There are also some fun activities at the end of the book which were very entertaining as well. My oldest loved flipping back through the story looking for the cat on each page! Julia Dweck did a great job writing this book and the illustrator came up with beautiful and creative ways to bring the story to life. Overall, I would highly recommend this book for children of all ages!

Blucy: The Blue Cat
Blucy is a great story for young children. Our family is actively involved helping shelter animals and this was a great story illustrating importance of adopting a homeless animal no matter how different it is. I like how even though Blucy had her naughty moments Mandy was able to over look them and love Blucy anyways resulting in a sweet perfect cat in the end. It has a wonderful message between the rhyming lines. Kudos to Julia Dweck for incorporating a lovely message into a sweet childen's book. The illustrations are beautiful as well and really help tell Blucy's story. We also loved the special games and facts at the end.

Humpfree: The Humpless Camel
Both of the girls were glued to the tablet screen as I read Humpfree: The Humpless Camel by Julia Dweck. The first time I read Humpfree to my girls, I had to stop for a moment to grab something from across the room. Big Sister yelled,"Wait I want to hear more about the Camel" and when HumpFree was sad both my girls kept kissing the screen on our tablet to make him feel better! I think this was their favorite Julia Dweck book so far! I love the lesson this book teaches, even though you may be different than others you are special just exactly how you are! The illustrations are adorable and entertaining, the illustrator did a wonderful job portray Humpfree's journey to find his humps! I highly highly recommend this story for children!

Julia Dweck has written several other children's books besides the ones above. You can check them out by visiting Amazon's Julia Dweck Page.

Have a wonderful day dear followers!


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: