F Fall v. October - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Fall v. October

Sorry I've kind of fallen off the face of the planet! I promise the blog WILL get more interesting in the weeks to come. I have some BIG plans ahead!

I love Fall! The color of Fall in nature with the bright reds, oranges, and yellows. I love Fall weather, the cool slight chill that beckons you to sit by a campfire and sip Apple Cider. To me Fall is the perfect time to ride and really enjoy the horses!

The Girls brushing their pony!
Ride 'em Cowgirls!
All these things I love, but I'm not going to lie, October is not my favorite month.

I do not celebrate nor do I enjoy anything to do with Halloween. The history of Halloween and why it was celebrated years and years ago are terrifying. I understand that it is commercialized now and that the reason people participate in Halloween is different but I can't help but feel like it is Wrong for my family.

Almost EVERYTHING on TV has to do with Halloween. You can't unsee something you have seen and I believe my daughters really don't need to see scary things if they don't have to. As they grow the world itself will be scary enough, they don't need these scary things bouncing around in their head now.

I have been filtering what Big Sister and Little Sister see, however Halloween stuff is everywhere. Just this week we walked into Target and there was a huge scary skeleton banner hanging as we walked in. Big Sister spotted it well before I did and pointed it out to me and said how scary it was. I know I can not shield them from everything, but I can equip them with THE MOST POWERFUL tool against anything scary.

God and Jesus Christ His Son!

I wish I could insert the theme song from the Veggie Tales episode "God Is Bigger Than The Boogie Man" right here!

Every time they are exposed to the Halloween scary things I remind them that God is more powerful than any of the scary things and that He will always protect them and keep them safe as long as they believe in God and Jesus, obey Him, and ask for His help and guidance.


"For I am the Lord your God who holds your right hand, and who says to you, do not be afraid. I will help you."
Isaiah 41:13 NLV

The Lord is my light and my salvation - so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?
Psalm 27:1 NLT

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-descipline.
2 Timothy 1:7 NLT



I hope that they hold tight to these teachings and learn to fear nothing but God.

Have a wonderful evening dear followers and please stay tuned!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: