F Take The Reins - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Take The Reins

The only thing you can predict about Indiana weather is that it is unpredictable. I'm not complaining one bit, but today is was 60 degrees, in JANUARY! How crazy is that? It is supposed to be 70 tomorrow, but we'll see, I'm still somewhat skeptical at that. Either way, I decided to take advantage of the warmth and took Big Sister to go ride her pony.

Big Sister, 3 1/2 years old riding by herself!
Up until today, Big Sister had only been lead around on her pony. I decided today to see what she would do if I gave her the reins. She loved it, despite her pony being ornery coming out of winter and the reins being little too long. I have to say I was impressed with the pony as well. He was a trooper, especially since Big Sister doesn't quiet know what she is doing yet. He needs some refresher on ground manner, but we can fix that this spring. We worked on using the reins and learning to kick the pony to make him go. Big Sister listens well when I give her instructions and she handles the frustration of the pony not minding her right away pretty good. I explained to her that it will take practice and she is just learning. She seemed to except that fact and kept on working at pulling his head up when he would stop to stiff something on the ground.

I had hoped that at least one of my children would take and interest in horses, since they are such a large part of our lives. Seeing her up on that pony, determined to ride him on her own was just magical. I can't wait to be able to let her ride the trails with me! This is the begging to an awesome new chapter for Big Sister and I!

Have a great day dear followers!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: