F Home Sweet... High Chair? - Rural Mama's Sandbox

Home Sweet... High Chair?


About a week or so ago I was moving our picnic tables around in the back yard so that I could easily mow. Next to the picnic tables we have a high chair. We were given two high chairs when Big Sister was about 6 months, but our house really isn't big enough to store two, so we use one outside. The top tray wasn't hooked on, it was just laying over the seat, so I grabbed the tray so that it wouldn't fall when I moved the high chair. Under the tray was a nest. I went to grab the nest and remove it from the seat when I spotted something inside, 4 small speckled eggs. I didn't know how long they'd been there, nor did I know whether or not Mommy Bird was coming back for them, however, I decided to just move the high chair, leave it alone, and "let nature take it's course." This past week was pretty busy and I didn't get the picnic tables moved back after I mowed. Yesterday, I was outside and decided that it was about time to move the picnic tables back to where they were supposed to be, as well as the high chair. I went to grab the high chair when I remembered that I had laid the tray on top, just as it had been before, so if I moved the high chair, it would fall. I grabbed the tray and jumped as Mommy Bird whizzed past my head, I think I scared her as bad as she scared me. I couldn't even tell you what color she was because she moved so fast and I was so startled. I was curious about the eggs so a bent down to take a peak. To my surprise I saw a tiny yellow beak open and close! The eggs had hatched! It looked fairly newborn, almost completely naked, with a tiny bit of fuzz on the head and the eyes were still shut. I looked a little closer and saw not one but FOUR little yellow beaks! ALL of the eggs had hatched! I took several photos with my cell phone and then decided to move the high chair back to its original resting place. I grabbed under the edged of the chair and BAM! A sharp, intense, nagging pain shot up my arm. Mommy Bird had friends/body guards! On the backside of the high chair a group of wasps (or hornets or some type of flying stinging machine) had taken up residents as well. I pulled my hand back fast as the bugger that got me flew around mocking me. My right index finder had a small red spot that ached with pain. The pain was really intense and it instantly began to swell. I wasn't sure if I had ever been bit/stung by this type of bug before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm not allergic to bee stings, so I thought I would be okay, but I called my hubby to come home just in case. The last thing I needed was to pass out from paralysis or respiratory distress, alone with two small children. Well, hubby came home, stayed a while and as the pain started to ease we both felt like the worst was over and he was safe to head back to the barn to work.

Today, it feels a little better. My whole index finger is warm to the touch,  swollen and numb. There is a sore feeling that goes from the knuckle to my wrist, it is still a little hard to move, but now my finger itches. It didn't itch yesterday, but today it itches like crazy. The good things is that the insanely intense sharp pain is gone. Hopefully all of this will subside soon, I've got way too much to do to worry about a silly little finger, hehe. I want to keep checking on the Baby Birds, I know, it sounds silly. I'll just have to watch out for Mommy's Bird's body guards next time! I hope you enjoy the photos I took of the Baby Birds! Nature is so beautiful, God sure knew what he was doing!

Home Sweet Highchair!
  And God said, "Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens." 
  So God created the great sea creatures and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarm, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
  And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth." -Genesis 1:20-22 (ESV)


The nest!

Baby Birds!
Newborn baby birds, naked with a little fuzz!

Left Hand Good!


Right Hand, Not so Good! Check out my index finger!
Hope you have a wonderful day dear followers!
Kelsey

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments HERE: