F What's For Dinner? Chicken With Rice and Pear Crisp Desert - Rural Mama's Sandbox

What's For Dinner? Chicken With Rice and Pear Crisp Desert



What are you having for dinner tonight? I had watched a cooking show on the Food Network Channel and the lady (can't remember her name now) was making a Pear Crisp! I LOVE pears so instantly I thought this Pear Crisp idea would turn out awesome. Well the last time I went grocery shopping I bought some pears specifically to use for this desert experiment. I couldn't remember the recipe unfortunately so I Googled some recipes and then modified them the way I thought would make the dishes turn out the way I wanted. Our main dish tonight is Chicken with Rice, here is the recipe in case you are interested:

Chicken with Rice

Ingredients:
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts Halves
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Cup of White Minute Rice
1 Cup of Water
1 Cup of your favorite Veggies (I used Broccoli tonight)
1/4 Teaspoon salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 *F and in a large casserole dish mix Cream of Mushroom Soup, Water, Salt and Rice. Lay the Chicken Breasts on top of the Mixture. You could also cut the Chicken into small chunks and mix them throughout the mixture as well, but for tonight I didn't. Bake for 50 minutes or until Chicken and Rice and cooked completely.

So, after I got the Chicken with Rice dish in the oven I decided to make up the Pear Crisp. Now, unfortunately I totally forgot what type of Pears I bought, but I'm assuming that your favorite type of Pear would work as well. Here is the recipe for the Pear Crisp I am making tonight:


Pear Crisp

Filling Ingredients:
4 Pears (Your favorite variety)
1/2 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg

Topping Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Old Fashioned Oatmeal
3/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter
1/2 Teaspoon Salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 *F, (Although since my oven is already baking the chicken at 375, I put the Crisp in with it and I'm just watching it to see when it is done, lol) Slice up the Pears and in a medium to large bowl mix all filling ingredients together and set aside. The easiest way to mix the filling is to mix the pears and lemon juice making sure all the pear slices are coated. Then mix in the dry ingredients and make sure all the slices are mixed evenly with the dry ingredients. In a separate medium sized bowl mix the topping ingredients, now the recipe I pulled up on Google said to use an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on low speed for 1 minute, until the mixture is in large crumbles. I don't have an electric mixer so I used the best tool I have, my hands. I stirred together all the dry ingredients then chopped up the butter into small pieces, added them to the mixture, and then worked it with my hands until it was mixed evenly and was crumbly. Next you sprinkle about 1/4th of the crumbles in the bottom of a baking dish. Pour all the filling mixture on top of the crumbles and then sprinkle the top of the filling evenly with the remaining crumble topping. Place dish in the oven and bake of 50 minutes or until pears are soft and tender.

This is a basic Crisp type recipe and I bet you could use the same recipe and substitute the pears of any type of fruit like Apples, Peaches, Blueberries, Cherries, etc.

Hope you enjoy!

Have a great evening dear followers,
Kelsey

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy! Following you from bloggy moms :-) Your girls are adorable! I have a mommy blog and a Scentsy shop...you can visit either or both. Have you ever tried Scentsy? If not e-mail me and I can send you a sample :-) Nice to meet you!!! ~Kimberly

    www.stinkerpinker.com
    www.thesweetscentshop.com

    Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow! I will check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments HERE: